Choked Shellcracker

NewEnglandBigBaitThrower

This last week was very rough on me. My only swimbait rod snapped in half after a friend made a dummy move in a canoe... Then my trusty kayak's bottom wore right through after years of dragging to the juicy spots. So today I decided to go out as it seemed to be perfect conditions for a spot of mine (overcast and heavy rain). After throwing the shellcracker a bass exploded on it and choked the thing. SInce I was borrowing a kayak i didnt have my scale or phone mount... I only got one good photo. It went 18 x 16 and estimated high 4's. I could fit my clenched fist in its mouth easily!

If anyone in MA has a rod they are looking to donate to a 16 year old in need lmk LOL :-D 

IMG_5363.JPG

IMG_7084.PNG

dang that fish took that shellcracker down.

sorry to hear about your rod. I have a combo you can have wont be the greatest for heavier swimbaits but should work fine for baits the size of a shellcracker and maybe a little heavier. its a shimano one piece rod maybe 6'5 with abu garcia black max reel, not sure of the gear ratio. PM me youre welcome to have it.