Exposing Mike Long

shaneo

I’ve been busy at work and just caught up on the whole 9 page story and video. Wow. I read the book “Sowbelly” earlier this year and in it, Mike Long came across as a bit of an arrogant douche nozzle who took pictures of other peoples’ fish and made dubious claims to further his reputation. Exactly like the 9 page article lays bare. As some have already argued, much of the material is hearsay, but a consistent pattern exists. The photos of an aquarium exist. The false photos exist. The video exists. The dubious claims of lake records with no witness and fish that “don’t seem to belong” exist. The abrupt pulling of all social media exists. From my vantage point, Long looks like somebody who loved the fame and glory he got from “catching” big bass and catfish. He was able to make a living at it and enjoyed the celebrity status. Now that’s all over and the real work begins. He needs to find a way to get the attention he craves in a completely new line of work. His life sucks. 

Great article, the stories were always out there in SD but I had hoped they weren't true. This was predictable unfortunately, almost as predictable as Randall mailing your bait out a year late and having a whole drawer full of excuses. Wasn't surprised to see him here stirring the pot.

I like how all his fishing partners felt intimidated but didn't want to say anything yet the money kept coming in from the winnings to be split with them.  People cheat in these small bass tourneys all the time, its not anything new.  As long as money is involved, people will find ways to cheap/manipulate the win it all

• 8 months later...