Imakatsu Gillroid Glide Bait advice

rocknemo

Trying to get some advice from anyone who has thrown this bait. I just picked it up for hopefully tying into some hogs here in Central Florida. I want to throw it as a glide bait but it only came with the boot tail. First, where can I find the straight tail for the large one and what are the best ways to throw it. Thanks, Rick N

7 hours ago, GrantA said:

That bait for me tends to want to blow out if you twitch it so I just do a stop and go with both the boot and flat tail. Hope that helps.

Thanks for getting back with me Grant. Since you had one do you know where I would be able to buy the straight glide tail. Haven't had no success locating one.  

Mine came with the bait itself. Only way I see to get one is to contact imakatsu themselves or finding someone who has one to sell a tail. Carolina fishing tackle has imakatsu boot tails for sale so you can also try contacting them as a middle man and see if they can get you a flat tail. Or you can find other tails from different swimbaits and seeing or making them fit on the bait. Hope this helps!

I have a flat tail you can have. They are 6.00 on their website I think, however they are never in stock. Send me your info and I'll mail it to you. Excuse my crusty drywaller hands.

Bob

15620935613996052273243187482724.jpg

Edited by BrierBob
Spelling

I've had 1 for quite some time and haven't caught anything super big with it. It's more of a quantity bait for me rather than quality, I still love the bait though. I've got both styles of tails and almost always throw the flat tail instead of the boot tail. Great bait though honestly and very fun to throw! Good luck with it and it looks like you've got a flat tail coming from Bob.