Where is the best places for a 10lb bass in California?

12michaelbass

I live in the Fresno area so I’m not real close to Bakersfield but Lake Isabela is pretty close to you and has big fish. 10 lbs should be an achievable goal if you put some time in. Check the states recent trout stockings and see if there are any at your local lakes. If they plant trout, they have big fish. Lake success is right up the road too. I’ve never fished there but its probably worth the trip. I know there are big ones there. Good luck!

6 minutes ago, BigOPigSlayer said:

Used to be Lake Dixon if you remember Dottie R.I.P.

Before and After...

BB836C05-5F77-4994-8BD6-086C4CF73173.thumb.jpeg.13a0c1fe81c6434ae2c0940bb02b7cbe.jpeg04AE8B40-D2F0-4403-86D7-C2A2C3CE049D.jpeg.f8d7b95c183ea962c387b71dbfc629cf.jpeg

Dixon is in San Diego and isn’t anywhere close to Bakersfield. It still has giants though from what I’ve heard. It’s a tiny little lake though and is probably very challenging. 

2 minutes ago, Jace D said:

Dixon is in San Diego and isn’t anywhere close to Bakersfield. It still has giants though from what I’ve heard. It’s a tiny little lake though and is probably very challenging. 

Lmfao I know bro.Just wanted to post pics of Dottie and start a new rage

1 minute ago, BigOPigSlayer said:

Lmfao I know bro.Just wanted to post pics of Dottie and start a new rage

LOL! She was a freak! Don’t know if we’ll ever see one like that again in my lifetime. I hope we do though. And I hope it’s on the end of my line!

23 minutes ago, BigOPigSlayer said:

For sure....those damn California lakes! Cheers!  

JC why you gotta post up my backyard lake....     lol

Actually, they started stocking Mt Lassen Trout again which means more 1-2  lbs size trouts and hopefully this will help to produce some of the big girls like back in 2003-2008.