Baby Bass wake on Fire

mmasturgeon

I was able to hit my local spot on Friday night. I thought the bite was going to be tough because of the new moon phase. :shock: The bite did not turn until the crescent moon peak out over the hill. When it did cast after cast the bite was on… :mrgreen: Here are some of the bigger fish caught that night. I guess matching the hatch was the key because I tried bigger baits and nothing; (I was told by a friend during the day they saw a lots of baby bass and threadfin shad in that location) when I down size to this baby it was on…I did lose a nice 7pounder it came unbutton right as I was getting ready to lip it, where I was fishing it was a very steep bank with plenty of boulders expose and underwater it was hard to get in position and trying not to fall in. All in all it was an ok night. :lol:

-Jun

FishOn1.jpg

Fishon2.jpg

Closer look

Fishon3.jpg

Fishon4.jpg

Thanks guys, I’m just blessed to live so close to a watering hole filled with Florida strain bass or with any bass for that matter. I also want to thank MARBLES for sharing as his night fishing tactics. I caught all my fish very close to shore, from the last three consecutive Friday nights they all been top water and very close to shore “like a foot off the bank slow waken itâ€; I’ve caught few fish right under my feet while standing on top of a boulder pretty interesting stuff. It does help wearing all black ( because you have @$$hole shining spot light on you so see what you’re doing, black helps you hide from them , keeping very quiet, and not using any lights or if so use only the red light even then most of the time I hold my bait up the sky as my guide when retying. I’m still new to night fishing and I’m hoping to be able to fish again Friday but I think time has run out. I will be busy getting ready for a new baby due in 3 ½ weeks. Overall I’m lovin my baby wake bass so much I got two more lol.