mcaetano2905

Caught my new PB today! My previous PB was 5.07lb caught on January 2002. The fish I caught today was 6.24lb and 22.2" long! This is a northern strain fish and a giant in my country (Portugal). Caught it on a Savage Gear Glide Swimmer 205 in the place on the lake that I thought was the best for big fish: a secondary point (but with deeper water near the bank than any main lake points in this lake) with huge boulders on it, some sparse weeds and it has deep water access. Classical spot. Ahah My first fish on this bait. I want to thank Jesse Hall (mossypumpkin) for all the tips and for telling me to buy a Glide Swimmer 205!

IMG_20200216_131455_456.jpg

IMG_20200216_095450.jpg

IMG_20200216_100101.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 2:18 AM, leachman90 said:

Wife and I have talked about retiring in Portugal. But the the only  rule was that there had to be bass. You have just confirmed it. Thank you

Ahah. They're northern strain, not very big and there's not as many big fish as in most USA lakes, but with hard work we can still catch a few. :) And I think it's a good country to retire to.

• 2 months later...