My 2nd largest bass ever (5.64lb & 20") C2C

mcaetano2905

As promised here's the cast to catch video of my second largest bass ever, caught yesterday on one of my own wake baits. You can see some of my baits and pictures of fish caught on them on Instagram @caetanoswimbaits . The baits look a lot like a slammer, because I make them out of a wood dowel, but I make the tail by cutting it out of a silicone sheet. Because of that it's a little stiffer, but more durable. In my next batch I'll try to make the nose a little bit more pointed. I'm trying not to make a slammer copy, but it's not easy. I'm thinking about making some rats too...

You can see while I retrieved the bait I twitched while at the same time I did a quick half turn of the reel handle two times during the retrieve. You can see the fish hit right after the second time I did that. Most of my wake bait and glide bait fish are caught right after I twitch the bait. With glide baits it's usually on the pause right after the twitches.

These are some of the first baits I made. These were test baits, but I'm very happy with them and caught a few bass on them including my 2nd largest bass ever. This month I'll make a new batch and they will be a little better, with a thicker bill and maybe a shorter silicone tail because I think the bait will kick even better at slower speeds that way.

IMG_20190622_110354_612.jpg

IMG_20190728_153956_790.jpg

IMG_20190725_200922_190.jpg