LDC tip guide repair

DirtySouthGlide

I got my white label today and the tip guide is jacked. Bummer. Totally jacked. Talked to LDC and I can send it back to be repaired. Anyone ever had a tip repaired (by LDC)?? I’ve watched YouTube videos and it always seems like a jerry rigged job. I’m starting to wonder if I should just keep the jacked tip? I don’t want it to look like a repair job.  

Dude same here, except mine was a custom xxh, I contacted Ben right away and he sent me a return label. But because I’m too worried about fedex screwing up the rod even more I kept it. I know he would fix any additional damage but I plan on using this rod this week and I know fedex takes at least a week, a day or two for repairs and a week back (I’m on the east coast) so bare minimum would be 12 business days. 

So I slowly bent it back out and looks brand new. Went super slow and a tiny bit at a time. Functions as new. 

If it’s too bent or chipped. a tip replacement is super easy. A little heat and they pop right off. Get a new one and some rod tip glue and install the new one. Most good shops can do it right there for you. 

34876985-717F-4FE7-83E7-C4DAE23F164E.jpeg

B43B6A4F-9051-4AB8-A239-4FBE54A31F85.jpeg

D4CF72BF-FAFB-445B-9DD8-BF04983B27CA.jpeg

7 hours ago, chefchris said:

Dude same here, except mine was a custom xxh, I contacted Ben right away and he sent me a return label. But because I’m too worried about fedex screwing up the rod even more I kept it. I know he would fix any additional damage but I plan on using this rod this week and I know fedex takes at least a week, a day or two for repairs and a week back (I’m on the east coast) so bare minimum would be 12 business days. 

So I slowly bent it back out and looks brand new. Went super slow and a tiny bit at a time. Functions as new. 

If it’s too bent or chipped. a tip replacement is super easy. A little heat and they pop right off. Get a new one and some rod tip glue and install the new one. Most good shops can do it right there for you. 

34876985-717F-4FE7-83E7-C4DAE23F164E.jpeg

B43B6A4F-9051-4AB8-A239-4FBE54A31F85.jpeg

D4CF72BF-FAFB-445B-9DD8-BF04983B27CA.jpeg

Alright so the super weird thing is my tip looked EXATLY like yours. That’s pretty strange. Those things are tough as nails. I don’t see how it got bent like that in shipping. Makes me think it happened before shipping on LDC’s end. I did bent mine back but it’s not perfect it still  has a crease/ wave to one of the arms. But I’m in the same boat. If I send it back to LDC I’m sure I won’t see it again for a month or two. And what if happens again or there is other damage. I hate rod shipping! 

1 hour ago, DirtySouthGlide said:

Alright so the super weird thing is my tip looked EXATLY like yours. That’s pretty strange. Those things are tough as nails. I don’t see how it got bent like that in shipping. Makes me think it happened before shipping on LDC’s end. I did bent mine back but it’s not perfect it still  has a crease/ wave to one of the arms. But I’m in the same boat. If I send it back to LDC I’m sure I won’t see it again for a month or two. And what if happens again or there is other damage. I hate rod shipping! 

I would just ask Ben for a new tip and take it to a good shop close by, if you don’t want to do it yourself. 
I carry extra rod tips and glue in my truck cause I’ve had surf rods that needed on the spot repairs. It’s really simple