Virginia....

Seahaecker

Well it happened leaving the beautiful delta and northern ca behind and getting stationed in VA. Going to be living in Chesapeake. If anyone has any pointers for me that would be greatly appericated I.E. lakes to fish in the area, are a lot of lakes there electric motors only?.. ETC. not asking for secret spots just pointers seeing as I havnt been out there in years... Thanks 

Dang, good luck in your search for new waters. I'm sure it can be tough if you don't have any fishing buddies already out there. 

Stay safe during your move, hopefully someone in your area sees this and helps out. Free bump!

Edit: and thank you for your service, just realized you said "stationed". God bless you man, tight lines. 

Edited by 168 Rookie
Respect

I lived there for a summer. Not gonna lie the fishing there kicked my ass. But there are some good waters around. Suffolk has a couple reservoirs and there's lake smith and the Elizabeth river closer to you. I didn't go for them but some great striper fishing in the area too. 

13 hours ago, 168 Rookie said:

Dang, good luck in your search for new waters. I'm sure it can be tough if you don't have any fishing buddies already out there. 

Stay safe during your move, hopefully someone in your area sees this and helps out. Free bump!

Edit: and thank you for your service, just realized you said "stationed". God bless you man, tight lines. 

Thanks man apperciate it !

11 hours ago, NEbucketmouth19 said:

I lived there for a summer. Not gonna lie the fishing there kicked my ass. But there are some good waters around. Suffolk has a couple reservoirs and there's lake smith and the Elizabeth river closer to you. I didn't go for them but some great striper fishing in the area too. 

2 hours ago, Codyc said:

I have family in that area I always went to lone start lakes that was fun and there a couple bigger ponds right in that area too good fishing at burnt mills 

Thanks guys I'll look into them 

• 7 months later...
44 minutes ago, Nickyee55 said:

You ever find anything? I just moved to Virginia Beach a few months ago. Hit me up if you wanna meet up and search these new lakes.

I live in VB. Extremely tough fishing if you are looking for monster large mouth, but this time of year, striper is the only fish on my mind.

IMG_20201031_155423682_HDR.jpg

VA has some awesome fishing. Potomac River is a must, James River, the Chick, SML, Lake Anna, and several local smaller lakes, etc all within a 2-3 hr drive all produce quality bass...do some research and you will see. Hit me up if you need / want specifics. Good luck fishing and welcome to the state. 

3 hours ago, Bigwilliestyle said:

VA has some awesome fishing. Potomac River is a must, James River, the Chick, SML, Lake Anna, and several local smaller lakes, etc all within a 2-3 hr drive all produce quality bass...do some research and you will see. Hit me up if you need / want specifics. Good luck fishing and welcome to the state. 

I agree with this, if you are willing to drive, there is amazing fishing.

10 hours ago, rwp said:

I live in VB. Extremely tough fishing if you are looking for monster large mouth, but this time of year, striper is the only fish on my mind.

IMG_20201031_155423682_HDR.jpg

Dude we should go for a striper session haha! You shore pounding or out of a yak/boat?