Best way to work a slammer?

LuS

Hi all

Very new to swimbaits here; picked up a 7" Slammer x2 and an S-Waver 168... Figure I'll try the slammer when bass opens here in Ontario in late June (or maybe even for pike if this virus goes away and I can go fishing mid May... :( unlikely but a man can hope)... 

For someone extremely new to this (never even casted one), and with multi-purpose gear (my swimbait rods will either be my E6X 884 or, in a pinch, Dobyns Champ 736), whats the best way to work a slammer? Bear in mind I'm likely casting from a canoe. 

Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks :)

I like cranking The x2 down down too, fishing it like a shallow crankbait. But I’ve also done well waking it. Either way, just throw it out and crank it back. I’ve also had them eat deadsticking, usually when I am picking out a backlash! But if that happens, I’ll start pausing and twitching to see if that gets more bites. Good luck!

Imo, that's what makes this bait one of the best. It's always fishing. Sitting still, waking, cranking etc. Always working. And fish eat it. I've caught 15 inchers on my 9" slammer. And , knock on wood, I rarely if ever lose a slammer fish. They make it to the net.