CL8-baits Baby Muskrat

Tuna Meltdown

I sat around Monday waiting all day for my new CL8-Bait Baby muskrats to arrive via USPS.  Figures when it's bill they deliver the mait at 9:30am but when it's baits the keep you waiting until 3:00 in they afternoon.  Anyway I dragged the new kayak down the street at 1:00 and had one of the fastest 3 trout limits I've ever had landing 3 rainbows in about 30 minutes trolling spoons.  I told a neighbor that I would keep them a couple so I quickly gutted them and dragged the kayak back up the street and delivered the trout to my neighbor.  Just as I dropped off the trout I saw the mailman delivering my new baits so I grabbed them and ran back down the street to the lake, kayak in tow, and launched for the second time in the afternoon.  I stayed close to home and fished a cove that has always been a spot where I've seen some big prespawn bass.  It didn't take long, only about a dozen or so casts and I new she was big as soon as she hit.  I was fishing my lighter swimbait combo as the baby muskrat is only a half ounce bait so it was a fun fight.  My neighbor, who I caught the trout for came back down in his canoe and took a couple pictures for me.  Swas one of the better looking pre-spawn fish I've caught in a while.

20200420_154602_HDR.jpg

20200420_154410_HDR.jpg

20200420_154424_HDR.jpg

Edited by Tuna Meltdown