Megabass I slide 135 vs gan Craft 178

mofish

Thinking about a small glide bait for my son. Trying to decide a Megabass I slide 135  and a gan Craft 178 claw. Any preferences and colors?

Edited by mofish

1 hour ago, El_Weruso said:

Those two baits are a bit different.  The Gan craft is a true glide whereas the I Slide takes a little more work from the fisherman to impart action. Just IMO 

Agreed! I've fished both and the GC is much easier to fish.

Throwing in a third option though...if you can, grab a DEPS 145/175 as I found it much easier to fish than the previous 2.

1 hour ago, El_Weruso said:

Those two baits are a bit different.  The Gan craft is a true glide whereas the I Slide takes a little more work from the fisherman to impart action. Just IMO 

I second this--Youtube "Oliver Ngy I-Slide" , you'll notice he uses a ton of rod movements to impart action on this bait, more than I've seen for most other glides. Almost like he's fishing a big jerkbait.

@mofish If you're son uses a spinning outfit, the gan craft will be better. It's something he can do a nice slow reel with and it'll do it's thing (gliding) If he's older and knows how to fish then either will work if he's willing to work the bait (The I slide)

Edited by El_Weruso

27 minutes ago, mofish said:

Would a dobyns 795 handle these baits ( just got him one for his birthday.)

It'll handle the 178 easily (2 oz), although the rod is a little more stiff than is needed for the i slide (1oz) but he can get away with it just fine.