Huddleston Deluxe Tail

reelfish

Just sitting here looking at the Hudd's boot tail. Studying the bait it seems small compared to the rest of the bait. So it got me thinking why not make a 8" hudd with a much larger boot tail similar to the 68 special? Just saying.

with more bass over 15# caught on that bait than any other in history,I'd say if it ain't broke don't fix it

x 2.

Ken designed it to be realistic. If you want a bait with more thump in the tail, throw a big RS.

with more bass over 15# caught on that bait than any other in history,I'd say if it ain't broke don't fix it

x 2.

Ken designed it to be realistic. If you want a bait with more thump in the tail, throw a big RS.

Yeah, while i agree all the above with that then why make the 68?

People were cutting the tails off of the 8"ers and they were doing work with them. So Ken took that idea, and put a $20 price tag on it. Instead of spending $40 to make your own.

Who knows, Ken may have tried the larger tail on the 8" and not been happy with it.

Ken filled a desire not a need with the 68. His concept of a great swimbait is a bait that puts out a vortex but is subtle at the same time. It's a fine line and his original 6" and 8" baits met that need. The results speak for themselves. Then he heard of people taking the tail from an 8" bait and putting it on a 6" and he decided to get in on the market. I am not sure the 68 is that much more effective than the original 6". I guess time will tell.

-Ali

People were cutting the tails off of the 8"ers and they were doing work with them. So Ken took that idea, and put a $20 price tag on it. Instead of spending $40 to make your own.

Who knows, Ken may have tried the larger tail on the 8" and not been happy with it.

I think everyone knows the story behind the 68 by now. So why not glue a 12" hudd tail to a 8" bait?

Ken filled a desire not a need with the 68. His concept of a great swimbait is a bait that puts out a vortex but is subtle at the same time. It's a fine line and his original 6" and 8" baits met that need. The results speak for themselves. Then he heard of people taking the tail from an 8" bait and putting it on a 6" and he decided to get in on the market. I am not sure the 68 is that much more effective than the original 6". I guess time will tell.

-Ali

I agree I am not sure I get more bites with the 68, but I love throwing it.

I agree I am not sure I get more bites with the 68, but I love throwing it.

It is definitely a confidence issue. Watching that tail barely wag on a standard 6" makes me doubt its effectiveness. The 68 however looks awesome in the water :D Both have worked equally well for me but the first time I saw the 68, I got rid of all my standard 6" baits.

-Ali

I think everyone knows the story behind the 68 by now. So why not glue a 12" hudd tail to a 8" bait?

Unless there is another version I'm unaware of, the 12"er doesn't have the style tail that we all know for huddleston, it's more of the traditional boot tail.