PhoneyFrog Topwater Trout

AlanBC89

Anyone throw this bait much? I went on a topwater kick a while back and picked up one of these. While getting down the other baits I picked up (punker, megadog, etc), the action or rhythm on this one seems to elude me. I'll bomb it out and start working it back on top, but at some point I feel it always ends up going slightly subsurface and moving a bit erratically. Anyone with experience with this bait have any tips. I feel like maybe I just need to slow down my retrieve, but not sure. I know, the best answer is to go put more time on it, but I cant get out for a few days. Thanks for any input.

I recall reading something about (not sure if it was in regards to the punker or phoney) to work it slowly. rather than quick short walks, get it to glide out, wait until it stops, then work again, wait til it stops, then work it again. no idea if this will help you at all. Other than that i have zero experience with these. Looking to make something similar soon.