Toxic Wade Frog, 1st cast ever

chefchris

Toxic Wade Frog @Ceaser

Pretty cool catch on the new Toxic Wade Frog yesterday, 1st cast with the bait and first real swimbait fish in the new crawdad. I had backlashed this set up about 4 casts into the day as I forgot to make sure I had cleared the previous one out first, guess it was still overlapped further down the spool. Broke off the Trapbass gill, went and got my bait and just put the set up off to the side as I fished my first area. Then decided to deal with it before moving to the usual productive spot of the pond. Put on a clip and said ill just clip on the frog on and toss it to see the action. Normally I would tie it direct.

Rolled up to this point before the cove that I hit every time and its never produced a fish, probably fished it 20x and nothing, tossed the frog parallel to the shore and worked it thru some reeds, as I’m thinking to myself that it doesn’t float as much as I thought it would it gets hammered! I set the hook and game on, fish dug down, and quickly came out of the reeds, when she hit the net I thought that’s a solid 5 plus. Big belly, big head, lifted her out and could tell she was all spawned out. Big empty belly that was still bloated, probably just dropped the eggs within the last 2 days.

Couple quick pics and she swam off strong.

The frog has some killer action, you can burn it or slow crawl it and it sinks nose down and kicks, I liked reeling it steady and then giving it a couple quick cranks or rod twitches and pausing it which makes it swim down. I threw it the rest of the day into some pretty heavy pads/reeds and these super stringy mini pads we get here and it came thru fine. Got a few small bites but no other fish. It weighs 2.6oz with no hook/keeper, it’s a chunky wide thick bait.

I’m already planning what places I fish I can throw this bait at. Never had any real luck throwing weedless soft baits like the citizen, but now going to revisit that bait and this technique along with the jsj rat. Really opens up some areas that usually get passed over due to weeds.

twf1.jpg

twf2.jpg

twf3.jpg

twf4.jpg

twf5.jpg

twf6.jpg

28 minutes ago, Jinxd12 said:

I have tried the 3:16 nobull frogs. I wonder if these are similar just not as realistic looking. I'm sure they will last longer than the 3:16 for sure

The rubber is pretty durable man on these. Like I could see sticking a couple big fish easily on the same bait without issue.