Custom swimbait builds ready to ship (text heavy)

DanD-Jigs

Hey SU, I have the following three rods available for purchase. I built these over the last couple months in the hopes of thinning out some of the blanks and parts I have compiled throughout the process of learning to build rods. Feel free to hit me up wit any questions. 

Prices are TYD shipped USPS with insurance for full value paid. 

PayPal F&F or add 4% for fees

The rods top to bottom are as follows:

1. (Top) Perfectionist nightmare – 350
This rod was built with heavy duty use in mind. It feels heavy in hand but is perfectly balanced with my Ryoga 2020 on it. I use this blank for my single hook bottom contact baits up to an 8” hudd. Will work great for anything in the 3-6 oz range (I know the blank is only rated to 5 but I’ve pushed it and it’s fine)
a. Blank = Phenix Ultra Swimbait Classic 7’11” MH 1-5 oz
b. Butt cap = Matagi weight adjustable butt cap system
c. Grip = 13.75 from butt cap to base of reel seat - Carbon fiber to eva with soft touch heat shrink (this is where the perfectionists nightmare comes in: the eva I used was a piece of black/grey glued foam and during application the black and grey must have separated slightly at one joint under the heat shrink. You can feel the raised bump where the separation occurred and I guess kind of see it. The grip integrity is 100% solid I tried to separate it further and squeezed the hell out of it, it’s solid. Honestly it won’t impact a damn thing on the rod, but I can feel it and couldn’t sell it without disclosing the blemish). Okay, moving on. 
d. Reel seat = Alps aluminum single trigger dual locking nut
e. Foregrip = Eva tapered
f. Hook keeper = traditional double foot “large” 
g. Aluminum trim throughout (mostly matagi trim)
h. Guides = Fuji K frame black alconite double foot all the way up: guide sizes 12, 10, and then 8’s th rest of the way, - Spiraled RIGHT
i. Tip = Fuji MNT black alconite 8
j. Total weight = 12.4 oz
k. Note: if it weren’t for the blemish mentioned above in ‘c’ I would be selling this rod for 450. 

2. (middle) Black and Blue – 350
This rod will be great for small glides, middle range topwaters, and bigger a-rigs. I’ve thrown up to a 6” punker on this blank and loved it. I really like it for rats. It can handle more than 2 oz for sure (I’ve thrown a workhorse on it before when I didn’t have a larger rod with me, though I did underhand lob it, lol). This rod is slightly tip heavy because of the ultra classic blank and adding more weighted discs to the butt cap was just too much; when I say slightly, I mean very slightly. Most probably wouldn’t feel it, but again I’d rather disclose what I feel than hold it back. 
a. Blank = Phenix ultra swimbait classic 7’11” ML 1-2 oz
c. Grip = 13.5” from butt cap to base of reel seat - dual contoured eva split grip 
d. Reel seat = Alps tex touch soft touch with locking nut
e. Foregrip = EVA tapered
f. Hook keeper = American tackle extra large (this is a big hook keeper as you can see, I personally love it and use it on all my swimbait rods)
h. Guides = Fuji K frame black alconite double foot for the spiral 12, 10, 8, 8; single foot 8 runners – Spiraled RIGHT
j. Total weight = 8.2 oz

3. (bottom) Black and silver – 275
This rod is super light for a swimbait rod, even with the larger guides on it. I haven’t fished this blank a lot except for a production model. I’ve heard it’s excellent for topwaters, A-rigs etc… in hand, I think it would be perfect for small weedless soft baits like a hudd 68 or mag-draft on a beast hook. It feels pretty versatile, but I can’t speak a ton to it’s real wheelhouse because I don’t have the experience to back it up. Though I can say that after building it out, I plan on building myself one down the line for larger A-rigs smaller freestyle baits, anything that I’m chucking and winding a bunch. 
a. Blank = Phenix M1 Inshore 7’11” 1-3 oz
c. Grip = 13.25” from butt cap to base of reel seat - dual tapered eva split grip 
d. Reel seat = Alps tex touch (NOT soft touch) with locking nut
e. Foregrip = EVA tapered
f. Hook keeper = traditional double foot “large” 
h. Guides = Fuji K frame black alconite double foot for the spiral 12, 10, 8, 8; single foot 8 runners – Spiraled LEFT
j. Total weight = 7.0 oz

SWB rods 2.jpg

SWB rods 5.jpg

SWB rods 6.jpg

SWB rods 7.jpg

SWB rods 8.jpg

SWB rods 4.jpg

SWB rods 3.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...