Tequila Baccarac

DirtySouthGlide

Slammed the door on my LDC Mh today. Pure devastation. Wanting to replace it ASAP. Has any one fished a megabass destroyer p5 Tequila Baccarac? I know it’s a relatively new rod so I haven’t be able to find much feedback on it. I sure one of you animals got one. Just trying to see how it does with treble hook baits. Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, DirtySouthGlide said:

Slammed the door on my LDC Mh today. Pure devastation. Wanting to replace it ASAP. Has any one fished a megabass destroyer p5 Tequila Baccarac? I know it’s a relatively new rod so I haven’t be able to find much feedback on it. I sure one of you animals got one. Just trying to see how it does with treble hook baits. Thanks. 

Ben at thehookuptackle did an IG video on it, seems like a killer rod. My findings with all the megabass stuff is the handles are short for my liking, but I'm use to surf rods so the long handle just seems natural for me 

14 minutes ago, chefchris said:

@captainhookset insight? 

I dont have this one yet but its on the list.  The other P5 Destroyer casting rods that I have are absolute works of art.  They really outdid themselves with this line.

One thing ive noticed is that they are always a little underpowered for the rating.  If its rated 1-5oz, the sweet spot is 2-3oz for example. 

Would probably be a good comp to a LDC MH but hit up Ben at The Hookup.   He isn't going to leave you with a rod if you don't like it - best customer service around.

5 minutes ago, captainhookset said:

I dont have this one yet but its on the list.  The other P5 Destroyer casting rods that I have are absolute works of art.  They really outdid themselves with this line.

One thing ive noticed is that they are always a little underpowered for the rating.  If its rated 1-5oz, the sweet spot is 2-3oz for example. 

Would probably be a good comp to a LDC MH but hit up Ben at The Hookup.   He isn't going to leave you with a rod if you don't like it - best customer service around.

I loved my LDC, I literally slammed it in the car door on accident. It’s the first time I’ve ever done something like that. Figured it would be harder to do that to a 7’ rod. It’s rated up to 4. I’ll mainly be throwing tk’s. ThNks for the insight as I’ve never had a megabass rod.