Best Shad glide

pumaftd

i had and fished a number of the hinkle shads, nice bait, some seemed to swim/sink better than others. stuck some nice NE bass on em. sold em all when the demand and prices were stupid high

the rafa shad glide is a killer underrated bait, swims from a crawl to super fast and doesn't blow out. prices are great too

lately been fishing the hiroshima 7.5 shad glide, action is awesome, had a big follower come out and chase it down 1st cast the other day, it tried to eat it but grabbed it from the top, got to watch the whole thing go down, but no hook up. 

Many I haven’t tried, but HPH 8”, Phoney, and Paperweight for me. Take my advice with salt cause I fish current almost exclusively.

Pros/Cons IMO:

HPH -
Pros: Runs deeper than others, finish durability is awesome, and allows for input to trigger fish. Unique belly roll action that triggers when others won’t.

Cons: Lack of a Matte style finish option for cloudy days and every once in awhile the action seems like it turns fish off.

Phoney -

Pros: Extremely fluid action that just gets bit, profile, and durability.

Cons: I’ve never had 2 swim the same. One was the best glide I’ve ever owned and one nosed down. The other two were in between.

Paperweight - 

Pros: “jerky” bait that demands but allows input. The action has great “hang” and gets absolutely killed. Cuts through current extremely well. Priced well.

Cons: Does not get deep. Variability in weight (~2-3 grams, fine if you tune your baits but some don’t), durability of tail fibers.

Edited by browniez