Roman Made Negotiator Tips

z man

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and had a question about the new Roman Made Negotiator I purchased. I noticed it does not come with a split ring at the line tie. Do you guys add one or is the action better tied direct? I'm assuming because they did not add one they're essentially saying its best to tie direct, but I could be wrong.

Also, what's your temperature range when you'll no longer throw it. I'm on the East coast so I know we don't have as many of the big girls, but I'm simply looking to use this lure to increase my overall bag - add a kicker or two. The lake I fish is predominantly spots but tourneys are won with kicker LM's. Our water temps are about 55 right now and dropping slowly as we head into winter. Water is clear, 8 feet or so. Any tips are greatly appreciated on how, where, when (besides spring) to fish this beauty!

Personally, I like using a split ring with glide baits. If you find it fouls the hooks more often, then tie direct. As for technique, you can do well with a glide bait by just chucking and winding (slowly). Or, you can find the rhythm that makes the glides wider.

Personally, I like using a split ring with glide baits. If you find it fouls the hooks more often, then tie direct. As for technique, you can do well with a glide bait by just chucking and winding (slowly). Or, you can find the rhythm that makes the glides wider.

I foul the c>$% out of glide baits unless I work it slow. That said I do want to try the Negotiator.

tie direct. the beauty of the Roman Made baits, the Trick in particular, is that they react to every twitch, jerk, or snap of the rod and line. when youre retieving the bait and stop it, it will keep swimming for a bit as opposed to stopping and crumping and sinking. i fish the trick very slow and on a near slack line. youre not going to feel the bait working but dont worry because trust me, that baby is doin its thing. these are not your normal baits, in fact theyre in a different league in my opinion. retrieve the bait slow, pause, give it a light snap, let it sit, then retrieve slowly again.

I have been having ok luck considering how cold it's been here with just slow steady winding. When I do want make it dance I pretty much do it all with the reel wind fast stop, quick quarter turns pausing every quarter. It is a lot of fun, I can't wait to try other Roman Made Trick out!