Klash 9 glide weights

Socalbass88

The Klash 9 isn't really a glide bait, although with the V tail on a straight reel it will have some glide but not like a Hiro trout glide or deps 250 and so on. you can get some extra gliding cadence from doing a moderate retrieve just keep reeling but with more of a thump reeling speed than a slow (deps 250) reeling speed. Like smooth pumps in between retrieves will get it to glide a bit more. Kind of like a stop and go without ever truly stopping if that makes sense. 

Adding onto @El_Weruso. If you're talking about a straight retrieve causing the bait to have an S-style swim, the K9 won't really do that for ya. It'll just swim straight. You have impart action to get the bait to glide. 

When I glide the K9, I tie to an O-ring that is on a split ring on the bait (mine came stock like this from DRT) with the whale tail pointed down (Mode-B I think). Then with some reel twitches the K9 will glide decently well.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 9:22 AM, El_Weruso said:

The Klash 9 isn't really a glide bait, although with the V tail on a straight reel it will have some glide but not like a Hiro trout glide or deps 250 and so on. you can get some extra gliding cadence from doing a moderate retrieve just keep reeling but with more of a thump reeling speed than a slow (deps 250) reeling speed. Like smooth pumps in between retrieves will get it to glide a bit more. Kind of like a stop and go without ever truly stopping if that makes sense. 

The Klash 9 isn't really a glide bait, ???? what!!!!! lol your probably fishing the bait wrong !

On 10/31/2020 at 9:14 PM, Socalbass88 said:

Does anyone know how to make a K9 glide really well ? I know they sell the klash glide weights but I can't find em 

http://store.optimumbaits.com/c/zappu_board-weight-r-cut these work real well. also help with you have a snap on your bait 

25 minutes ago, Shaddaddy1979 said:

The Klash 9 isn't really a glide bait, ???? what!!!!! lol your probably fishing the bait wrong !

It's not the same kinda glide as a 250 or other pure glide bait but lip out and tail down that bait does some nasty glides.  I think of it as an oversized jerkbait.   I'm looking forward to trying some of the Zappu board weights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is a few weeks old, but my homie KZ, has some tricks up his sleeve.

I've been following his lead since he has every drt bait (field staff)

To get the k9 to suspend, and to glide further out on each side he hangs weights on the split rings. Like a 1/8 or 1/4 oz jig with the hook cut off type of weight. Easy to change and doesn't effect the hookup ratio.

I've tried this and it does work need to experiment for your own likes dislikesI don't like to do it often for fear it doesn't rise back up haha.

I've messed with the suspend weights but it's hard to go back and forth your kind of stuck with or without them on.

On 12/21/2020 at 5:12 PM, Jinxd12 said:

I know this is a few weeks old, but my homie KZ, has some tricks up his sleeve.

I've been following his lead since he has every drt bait (field staff)

To get the k9 to suspend, and to glide further out on each side he hangs weights on the split rings. Like a 1/8 or 1/4 oz jig with the hook cut off type of weight. Easy to change and doesn't effect the hookup ratio.

I've tried this and it does work need to experiment for your own likes dislikesI don't like to do it often for fear it doesn't rise back up haha.

I've messed with the suspend weights but it's hard to go back and forth your kind of stuck with or without them on.

I know some JPN guys fishing DRT's on Biwa have used these with the same technique to get a wider glide.

https://carolinafishingtackle.com/products/nogales-gran-tg-grenade-quick-changer-weight-1