Just some words of Nef Customs

JeremyWrightt

A few months back, I was looking to get a custom MH or ML swimbait rod wrapped up that would serve not only as a smaller bait rod ranging from hudd 68s to 175/178 sized glides, but would really be meant for targeting saltwater bass with weedless swimbaits and many of those same 6" soft and hard swimbaits I throw in the fresh.

I couldn't find a ton of testimonials online or on here for Mark (@nefcustoms) and his work, but I loved the look of his rods and knew quite a few sticks locally were fishing his stuff. I reached out to a few guys via Instagram that used his rods and they all had positive things to say. When I first reached out to Mark, we talked for a while just generally about fishing, and we discussed the types of fishing (and baits) I wanted the rod to work for. He was super detailed with his recommendations, and I deliberated for a while over a couple blanks he recommended before settling on one. I really appreciate how easy it was to work with Mark and how meticulous he was, not just in terms of the finish of the rod, but in helping me with my first custom wrapped rod make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted instead of just pushing me on a particular rod and calling it a day.

The rod looks, feels, and fishes fantastic. It's a Phenix USB ML blank, but the rod is so much lighter and more sensitive than the production version Phenix puts out. Like I said, I couldn't be happier with the rod and with how easy it was working with Mark. 

Nice review! I don't personally have one but might get one through him in the future.

I've noticed that he isn't too well known on the social media side of things but in terms of how many people use his products, there are a lot of hardcore guys that use his rods. One of those "let the product do the talking".