Gloves

echoedd

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look good. Where did you pick them up?

eBay buy it now, search " glacier glove"

The seller is in California, ended up being a tackle shop in brea. I received them in 3 days.

I believe they are fleece on top and the palms are neoprene.

The seller is in California, ended up being a tackle shop in brea. I received them in 3 days.

Thanks, the ones I have are leather work gloves with the index and thumb finger tips cut, comfortable but only offer a little warmth. Will check these out. Thanks for posting.

Thanks, the ones I have are leather work gloves with the index and thumb finger tips cut, comfortable but only offer a little warmth. Will check these out. Thanks for posting.

Glacier does offer that style glove with the index and thumb exposed, my friend Jim dogg ordered them.

I buy the gloves made for receivers and defensive backs to use when they play in the cold and cut the thumb. They are great -- very little reduction in dexterity, comfortable and not too expensive. I cut the thumb above the joint, then fold the extra material back and throw a few stitches in it.

I don't like the gloves with all of the fingers cut. I only need my thumb exposed to cast so, for me, all they do is sacrifice warmth.

I don't wear gloves much anymore but I went through a lot of different styles over the years fishing up north. Most of that was standing in a river throwing streamers at steelhead in freezing temps.

I learned to hate the fingerless gloves that had the mitten part that folded over. The line would snag on them when they were folded back. I tried the regular fingerless gloves after that and it was just too cold. The best fingerless gloves I ever owned though were these that I think are discontinued now that I went to look for them.

cloudveil-twotrigger-glove-mens-black-6850001-xl.jpg

I still have these, but usually just use full finger fleece gloves and take them off when I need to. I don't like wearing them unless it's so cold I can't stand it I guess. But those Cloudveil gloves are a nice compromise.

I purchased some Sealskinz Waterproof Gloves but returned them after a single outing. They are definetly waterproof and was stoked about that and not too thick so seem good for dexterity, however, they hold water and in cold conditions your fingertips will get extremely cold. I had to take them off. I think these are great for recreational paddling but not for fishing. I am still looking for gloves for the winter.

I have been thinking about getting some for the longest time, but always wonder if it's worth a try. A spot I was fishing a few weeks ago got down to 35-37. My hands were pretty cold to say the least. :lol: