Beast Coast Creep 6.5

89Fisher

3 hours ago, 89Fisher said:

Just curious to see if anyone has fished these swimbaits and what their thoughts were on them. Haven't been able to get on the water to fish them yet so just looking to see which hooks and tricks yall have been successful with.

So I thought I wrote a full review on these, but I guess I didn't. I love these baits, for the $$ I don't think they can be beat. Pro Ghost Alewife is my go to color, but the white pearl, hd perch, ayu and bunch of others have caught fish. I think the profile and size lends itself really well to looking like a lot of different forage fish. 

I always rig them on a 8/0 weighted beast hook, sometimes a flashy version if I'm fishing in sparse weeds or open water. 

they swim at a slow speed the trick is to move em quicker at first and slow em down once they get going. I usually bomb them past the structure I'm fishing, give em a quick start and then slow roll em by the intended structure. I've gotten smoked on em when I slow it down. 

I've caught super dinks like 1lb up to 4.15oz on em, the fish commit to this bait in a different way than other soft baits (at least for me) One day I had 6 fish on one bait and was still going strong until a pickerel ripped the tail off boat side. 

They're durable, cost friendly, swim great, made locally in CT by a bunch of good dudes and catch fish.