Bait hook rash protection

89Fisher

Obviously but I like to fish the baits I buy. I'm not against messing the finish up on the bait as it's really for the fisherman and not the fish. They could care less it's the action that gets them to bite. I just seen something so was wondering if anyone had any info is all. Thanks for the reply tho

Some hooks cause more hook rash than others.    Also the size of the hook can make a difference.   Considering what all the above comments that were made, prob just best to figure out which baits you’re gonna fish and which baits are gonna be for the collection.   Rashed baits def work.   So don’t trip of your bait gets rashed up.  

1 minute ago, 185vsfrog said:

Some hooks cause more hook rash than others.    Also the size of the hook can make a difference.   Considering what all the above comments that were made, prob just best to figure out which baits you’re gonna fish and which baits are gonna be for the collection.   Rashed baits def work.   So don’t trip of your bait gets rashed up.  

Appreciate it. Ya rashed baits will catch fish that's not what I was asking of they would or not was just curious if there was something to help the finish last longer. 

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

If you want to protect your DRTs then the hookrash shields are probably what you want since they are made specifically for them.  

As long as your not using fish grippers to hold your bass that are caught on your protected DRTs we are good! :-D

Lmao! No man I try to have bass thumb before the days over with every weekend I fish. I look at it as protecting my investment just like I run rod sleeves and reel covers.

I can't judge if someone wants to keep their baits looking their best with how much we spend on a single lure. I just personally prefer to rash them. They don't feel "worn in" and I don't have as much confidence in a bait until it has a few battle scars.