Jon P

Looking for Balam 300s in the few trout colors that they offer. It doesn't look like we're getting the trout colors this year. A lot of Japanese baitfish colors, but none of the bass, shad, or gill colors. Right now I'm down to one and it's not in great condition, got a chipped joint and a few hairline cracks.

Hopefully someone has one picking up dust on a shelf somewhere!

blam.jpg

@Jon P have you also fished the balam 245?  I was a little disappointed in the 245 - curious to hear if the 300 has better action.  It just looks so sick i guess in my head it was going to be the lure of a lifetime.

31 minutes ago, captainhookset said:

@Jon P have you also fished the balam 245?  I was a little disappointed in the 245 - curious to hear if the 300 has better action.  It just looks so sick i guess in my head it was going to be the lure of a lifetime.

Haven't fished the 245 yet, though I'm definitely thinking about it. The action on the Balam 300 isn't that visually incredible, though I have no idea how it compares to the 245. It needs to be fished pretty fast. I retrieve it at a steady pace on an 8:1 reel and that is the perfect speed. It's got a pretty straight swim with a bit of a wobble and looks pretty weak on a slow retrieve. What it excels at though is catching fish with on a reaction bite. Which is super beneficial for a variety of reasons. You can watch Satan Shimada's videos to see how it's made to be fished. The only rule, is don't slow down.