Tips for Jig Hook Soft Baits

ajschn06

8 hours ago, David Cindrich said:

If you are fishing pike infested  waters. You need to get into the habit of checking for teeth marks every time you think you have been bit. Then you need to remember the pike teeth marks for future reference. It is the only way to tell what is pike and bass. Also many times when throwing small 4” baits, many times small bass are biting the bait.  

I've been fishing pike infested waters for 30 years- I can definitely tell the difference between a pike and a bass and I'm well versed in checking my line often!  My ultimate goal is big bass but it's not the only reason I'm getting into swimbaits- I'm happy to hook into one of those 35-40" pike any day!

15 hours ago, ajschn06 said:

I've been fishing pike infested waters for 30 years- I can definitely tell the difference between a pike and a bass and I'm well versed in checking my line often!  My ultimate goal is big bass but it's not the only reason I'm getting into swimbaits- I'm happy to hook into one of those 35-40" pike any day!

Maybe I did not type it out well enough for ya. I’m not talking about checking your line for teeth marks. Check your bait for pike teeth marks or tears. There is no way in hell to tell if every bite you get on a soft Swimbait is a bass or a pike, but it  is the upmost important thing to do if you want to catch trophy bass on soft swimbaits with any kind of consistency in MN.  

Edited by David Cindrich