Looking for travel rod

Nick S.

I've always liked the 4 piece okuma nomad express rods. They made two swimbait rods, a heavy and an extra heavy. The heavy throws 1-4 ounce comfortably; the xh throws 4-8 ounce well. Both are 8 feet long. I'd be willing to sell either of those to you for a very good price, since I don't do very much traveling anymore.

Cons: The two major flaws that I can point out is the weight (heavy), and sensativity (not the greatest). The rods are very parabolic, more ideal for treble hooks but you can really do everything with them. 

Pros: For a 4 piece travel rod, these things have a very uniform bend. They work on an extended spigot system (research). Okuma really does make some of the best production travel rods out there. 

As I've said they're not perfect, but I still love them. The price is reasonable, and they come with about a 2.5 foot travel pouch/case that I can fit easily in any suitcase, backpack ect. Here's a review from tackle tour: 

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewokumanomadtravelrods.html

Edited by fishratt

The Phenix redeye travel series is also something to look into. They don't make the heaviest travel freshwater rods, the heaviest one would probably throw 1-3 ounce well. 

They do however have a saltwater series that I've tried in the shop before, like many of the saltwater phenix blanks I could see those rods being applied to the swimbait front. 

3 hours ago, fishratt said:

I've always liked the 4 piece okuma nomad express rods. They made two swimbait rods, a heavy and an extra heavy. The heavy throws 1-4 ounce comfortably; the xh throws 4-8 ounce well. Both are 8 feet long. I'd be willing to sell either of those to you for a very good price, since I don't do very much traveling anymore.

Cons: The two major flaws that I can point out is the weight (heavy), and sensativity (not the greatest). The rods are very parabolic, more ideal for treble hooks but you can really do everything with them. 

Pros: For a 4 piece travel rod, these things have a very uniform bend. They work on an extended spigot system (research). Okuma really does make some of the best production travel rods out there. 

As I've said they're not perfect, but I still love them. The price is reasonable, and they come with about a 2.5 foot travel pouch/case that I can fit easily in any suitcase, backpack ect. Here's a review from tackle tour: 

PM incoming. 

3 hours ago, fishratt said:

I second these, have a couple.