Deps 250 Striper and New PB!

DrewManFishing

Went out to the lake today expecting another long day of grind and no bites fishing for largemouth. They are pumping a ton of cold water into the lake causing an unusual heavy current at one end of the lake. I decided to go fish the shore where the water was pumping in not expecting much. My first cast I bombed a cast as far as I could and started a steady retrieve. Three reels in or so I got hit hard, set the hook but missed him. I kept reeling and got hit 3 or 4 more times and when i got my 250 close enough to see what was under it, I could see a massive school of 5-10 pound stripers taking turns on my bait! I freaked out and quickly backed my drag off, and made another long cast. Again, a few cranks into the retrieve I got hit and this time I hammered my hookset and landed my first deps 250 striper and a new PB, 7.5 pounds. Went back with the sneaky Pete because I didn’t want to loose my deps, and caught a second fish, 8.2 pounds. After these two fish, the wind changed directions and the bite turned off. The whole time I was on the right side of the current and wanted to see if the left side was any good, so I trolled over there and gave the rod to my dad (who has never caught a swimbait fish) with the sneaky Pete on it. After a short lesson on how I was retrieving the bait, he walked the shore and started fishing. Shortly after he hooked up and caught his first ever swimbait fish and it was a largemouth! 

6DCE926F-7290-4956-82BA-A89FDC9C579D.png

878659F7-9610-4504-A235-CD9CCB77FCF5.jpeg

FB461C3D-BACE-4E5C-941D-E0188BFBAD82.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, _diggy_ said:

Nice! I noticed the 250 that Butch changed the hooks on has a effortless hook up ratio compared to my stock one. Could be luck? Probably not.

not for me..... my hookup ratio on my butch tuned deps 250s are still like 10% of the bites I get. Ive got major problems. 

Edited by DrewManFishing