Pizz Runt ?

chefchris

so curious as to why everyone wants a pizz runt? 

guys willing to trade multiple baits for one, getting crazy $$ on the waffle pages. 

whats so special about it? 

not hating or stirring the pot i just don't know much about the bait and guys seem to be losing their minds and baits trying to get one. 

To be honest with you, majority of the places I fish the bass feed on small bluegill and I’ve always wanted to try a runt. I guess it’s more curiosity and just trying one. Hell, I’m not sure it will even work but I sure want to try. 

It’s kinda stupid I have to admit and I can completely understand how it drives trades. Supply and demand I guess.

1 hour ago, Bmass said:

To be honest with you, majority of the places I fish the bass feed on small bluegill and I’ve always wanted to try a runt. I guess it’s more curiosity and just trying one. Hell, I’m not sure it will even work but I sure want to try. 

It’s kinda stupid I have to admit and I can completely understand how it drives trades. Supply and demand I guess.

Try a wade hogg or whippersnapper if you haven't lol 

4 hours ago, Mml420 said:

that little p on the tail lol

This lol seems to be like every other bluegill wake just with a badass paint job

For the same reason every one wants a illude I'd assume lol no reason at all just hype and they have nice paint . Don't get me wrong they catch fish. but the amount of DDs on both of em is slim for the second hand price they carry ..hell first hand price for a pizz is absurd to begin with but hey whatever floats the boat . 

Yeah, you make a good point. It’s crazy I know, and maybe a little absurd.  I haven’t tried any toxic baits, that might be the right road. 
You know what’s funny, regardless of the deal no one wants to give up their runts. It’s something I’ve never seen before in a fishing community. It only adds to the curiosity.

Because they are Hard to get.  Won a cranking runt end of this year and two times out with it it has caught for me. It stays down much easier then some of the other cranking gill type baits.  Give a toxic whipper snapper a shot. Or if you can snag one of the og wade hogs size wise similar to the runt

perfect size and profile, wakes and cranks well, lots of success on the bait from those that have fished em. paint and quality is top notch as well. the absurd offers people make trying to get them is mostly curiosity based though. just like a pats or illude as mentioned above, limited quantity baits with a lot of success become very hard to get and then offers get to be pretty high sometimes. I will say though the runt has brought me some of my best fishing memories over the last 2 seasons and is an absolutely proven and productive bait. If you dont plan to die in the next couple years though you can get one for retail at a show or keep trying for drops. you will still have a lot of years left to enjoy the bait. Gotta have it now and the age of click and see it on my doorstep in 2 days is partially to blame for the madness in swimbaits these days too I think. 

Screenshot_20211207-201648_Photos.jpg

1 hour ago, rossco7777 said:

perfect size and profile, wakes and cranks well, lots of success on the bait from those that have fished em. paint and quality is top notch as well. the absurd offers people make trying to get them is mostly curiosity based though. just like a pats or illude as mentioned above, limited quantity baits with a lot of success become very hard to get and then offers get to be pretty high sometimes. I will say though the runt has brought me some of my best fishing memories over the last 2 seasons and is an absolutely proven and productive bait. If you dont plan to die in the next couple years though you can get one for retail at a show or keep trying for drops. you will still have a lot of years left to enjoy the bait. Gotta have it now and the age of click and see it on my doorstep in 2 days is partially to blame for the madness in swimbaits these days too I think. 

Screenshot_20211207-201648_Photos.jpg

thank you for some real feedback, and someone thats actually fished the bait, paul has always made great baits, i remember back in 2014/15 being able to order whatever baits he made then in whatever color and they were like $120/140, those days are long gone, thanks again for the info man 

prices have indeed gone up gradually over time but a lot of that has to do with the current market. too many brand new makers are having their debut baits go for 150+ a pop and sell out. someone thats been in the game a long time and offers tons of models and the best paint in the game charging the same just doesnt seem right. its kinda like the battleshads im sure he never wanted to charge 60 bucks for a 6" plasitsol bait but hes built a name and a brand and they sell out so hes earned the right to charge a premium at this point in his career. someone makes a post about 316 and everyone says F mickey but then he posts a preorder for 250 dollar glides and they sell out lol. just a crazy time in swimbaits the popularity and limited nature is causing a ruckus! 

the other aspect that relates to pizz and the runt that doesnt apply to most other baits and brands is the fact that pizz offers so many models but is still a small operation doing this all solo from a garage. most other baits or brands if you want one you are lookin at most of the time 2 maybe 3 models they offer and drops and shows produce those almost every time, but with pizz a runt may only be made for 1 drop and 1 show in a year, thats 1 model of 45 that are offered by pizz. 45 models! thats absurd! lol just cant make runts every time you offer baits if you are trying to have a good spread of styles out there. 

so then if you try for that drop or go to that show and still miss out you are to the point of like F it im offering up what i got to to get this dang bait haha. 

hype is a good blanket answer though if you dont think about it too hard haha.