Small reels for swimbaits

jp_midwest

The dudes you are seeing usually aren’t fishing on a boat, and are hitting specific targets at ponds, lakes etc. You don’t need a monster reel when you only need 100ft of line to get you to your targeted areas.

I fish with KZ a bunch out here and he has high end stuff, but some bodies of water the water is garbage and destroys or beats the bejesus out of good stuff. Might as well throw cheaper smaller stuff during ninja missions. Much easier to scratch or dent or break stuff in the dark.

I was throwing a TK on a abu pro max for a bit and it did fine, until my wife let me have some real $$ haha.

As others have said you can fish swimbaits and any size reel. Some are going to burn out way before others if fished hard.

I use 301 and 401 size reels but have different size and type lines on them for different size/type baits. I also like to have the same reel so you are used to that one or two reels. This gos for working the baits and fish.

Similar to learning trigger control on your carry gun, if you keep changing that gun with different trigger types you may have an issue if you ever needed to use it.