Freestyle Toad

CombatWombat

Thanks guys! A few more fish like that, I'm gonna start writing articles. :mrgreen: j/k

Are you certain that fish wasnt caught on something else? Some things are best not "not allowed" with. Many baits catch plenty of 7-8's, if you are trying to make a statement do it with a worthy fish.

Yes. Are you sure you're not making *not allowed* up when you're writing articles? Sorry almighty all knowing swimbait master, didn't mean to step on your toes. Btw, I caught that fish on ben's spot. That makes us somewhat equal?

Thanks guys! A few more fish like that, I'm gonna start writing articles. :mrgreen: j/k

Are you certain that fish wasnt caught on something else? Some things are best not "not allowed" with. Many baits catch plenty of 7-8's, if you are trying to make a statement do it with a worthy fish.

• 4 weeks later...

I may be in left field, but last article I read by Steve P. pertain to age and growth rate of Largemouth bass. Being a swimbait master or whatever, doesn't give him credit for age and growth rate knowledge. It's the Master's of Science in Biology with an emphasis on warm fresh water species that provides the weight in the article he wrote. I don't care how many doubles anybody has. Personally, I would take the word of someone who has been published in an academic journal (reviewed by their peers in the field that they got their degree in) about the subject matter that they studied in school, rather than the subjective interpretation of someone from an Internet forum. But then again what do I know.

While I can respect people who go to school, at the same time, you do not see a lot of biologists winning bass tournaments and catching giants. I think guys who are at the top of their game got there with their blood, sweat and tears. I believe perseverance and a little luck is more of a factor than anything else. Guys who are in the lake all the time will know the most and the last time I checked, you do not need a degree for that. But don't take my word for it, I don't have a degree on "assumptions".

I'm also not implying I'm some sort of a swimbait expert. I know some stuff (like big bait catches big fish :lol: ) but so as everyone else. I was half joking about writing articles, I may in the future, if I go on a tear. But it's definitely not going to be an expert opinion, Im just a regular joe who loves to go all out with swimbaits.

While I can respect people who go to school, at the same time, you do not see a lot of biologists winning bass tournaments and catching giants. I think guys who are at the top of their game got there with their blood, sweat and tears. I believe perseverance and a little luck is more of a factor than anything else. Guys who are in the lake all the time will know the most and the last time I checked, you do not need a degree for that. But don't take my word for it, I don't have a degree on "assumptions".

I'm also not implying I'm some sort of a swimbait expert. I know some stuff (like big bait catches big fish :lol: ) but so as everyone else. I was half joking about writing articles, I may in the future, if I go on a tear. But it's definitely not going to be an expert opinion, Im just a regular joe who loves to go all out with swimbaits.

I think we are talking apples and oranges....I was referring to Steve's article on WB about age and growth rate, which was put online coincidentally with the day you made your comment about him. No where in the article was there a shred of swimbait information, nor tournament info. That is why I posted my comment.

"While I can respect people who go to school, at the same time, you do not see a lot of biologists winning bass tournaments and catching giants. I think guys who are at the top of their game got there with their blood, sweat and tears."

There are more factors involved than luck, blood sweat and tears. Social networking, stucture scan, google earth and topos help reduce th amoutn of time spent on the water. Pro's spend money on local guides to teach them the lakes on tour to shorten the learning curve. Winning=their livelihood, so controling as many factors as of the game is in their best interest.

I have a few friends who are guides who guided pro's from the east coast when the elites came out to cali for the elite series. Yes, there is luck invovled but it seems like technology & social networking in the tournament community have a big impact on the success of tournament aglers...it seems like swimbaiting is a different story and is a whole different can of worms. :D