Jackall Gantarel

VAngler

Fished mine a little last night at a local spot. Dives too deep for the places I fish, but boy is the action nice. Got hung up 2' from shore. Spent 20 minutes trying to get it, had to tape my flashlight to the end of me rod to find the lure. Then laid on the sidewalk, soaked half my shirt to get it back. Turns out the split rings are pretty soft, they snapped right off without much effort- thankfully for this occasion.

Also broke off one of the side fins casting a little too tight . Didn't seem to change the action at all, those fins must put out some serious diving power if it's still dropping low with one fin. I am going to grind down the other fin to see if it makes it a floater only.

Digging the bait so far, even though I had some badluck with hang ups. Good size, easy to cast, great action.  

I could share lots of pics of fish on this bait, the thing flat out catches em. I was on a ski boat with jon and the family just chilling one weekend and decided to make a cast along a brush line an had a fish pushing 9-10 pound dart out and put her nose on the tail of the thing for like 15 feet and just didn't suck it in, jon swears she ate it but i couldn't tell, she was hot on that thing :( its got drawing power for a little bait thats for sure. And its too much fun to fish, once you learn the bait you can really get it to do some fun stuff. 

PROBLEM 

Mine has developed a bad leak, it has hit some boulders though, not too hard, and I cannot locate where the water is coming in from, i think it could be from one of the swivels or line tie holes idk. 

Also, the paint on mine has chipped off a good bit in a couple areas, its a very thin computer generated film pretty much so it makes sense. the fact that it sinks now is the only bummer, other than that, the action still remains stable so its still catching fish. 

Sick sick bait, need about 3 more doe.

Sick sick bait, need about 3 more doe.

Yeah right there with you! I've gotten to use mine about five times so far and have had no fish, but it's still VERY early season here with most bodies of water still under a few inches of ice. 

the action is sweet, and the ability to adjust it's swim with different tie points is awesome. I have also run into the same problem as Grady, and I'm sure other guys, where the paint has started chipping. Sucks because I haven't stuck something on it yet, but oh well. 

Overall, i'm stoked on the bait. Cant wait to fish it at some of my normal spots and see how she does. And judging by what others have said, it shouldn't take long at all before I'm hooked up!

Edited by northeast_trev

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tx su for your posts about this bait. I bought one here as part of a package deal..did well with it today under tough bluebird conditions. Very fun bait to use. I think the difficulty with this bait is fishing it too fast, slow is the way to go. Bait suspends and is a slowriser. If you think jerkbait u will get it. Great hooking bait has torney potential imo. I have the hl bluegill and I like this pattern cuz I was able to track it from far away. Downside like many lures once piece of grass on the line tie or hook ruins that cast.