Almost another Indiana DD

Hhunn

Harrison, i have similar story. Back about fifteen years ago, I was into the tournament scene, and, was prefishing the Connecticut River for a big money tournament. With the girlfriend getting a tan & reading a book in the back of the boat, I flipped a jig & pig into a laydown. Got a hit, thumped the hook into what I thought was a hit. Realized I wasn't snagged in the log when the beast swam out of the laydown. I was using a flipping stick with braid & a 17 pound test leader. It became a Sumo Wrestleing match, I yelled to the tanned one, Cin Get the NET !!! Finally got the bass to the side of the boat, and, when she went to lift the bass into the boat, the net ring BENT where it meets the handle. When I looked at that bass, I realized it made an eight pounder on the wall look like a baby. Heres the regret....I did not have a scale, ruler, or, camera with me. Also, with the thought of that fish being there for the tourney, plus, the little lady telling me...Let it Go, This bass will always haunt me inregards to being my PB without noing it's true wieght. I KNOW it was a DD, but, I'm fine knowing I caught that bass & released her. The Mass state Rod & Reel record is around 13 LBS, and................who knows. Lifes little lessons every day. Carry on.

Harrison, i have similar story. Back about fifteen years ago, I was into the tournament scene, and, was prefishing the Connecticut River for a big money tournament. With the girlfriend getting a tan & reading a book in the back of the boat, I flipped a jig & pig into a laydown. Got a hit, thumped the hook into what I thought was a hit. Realized I wasn't snagged in the log when the beast swam out of the laydown. I was using a flipping stick with braid & a 17 pound test leader. It became a Sumo Wrestleing match, I yelled to the tanned one, Cin Get the NET !!! Finally got the bass to the side of the boat, and, when she went to lift the bass into the boat, the net ring BENT where it meets the handle. When I looked at that bass, I realized it made an eight pounder on the wall look like a baby. Heres the regret....I did not have a scale, ruler, or, camera with me. Also, with the thought of that fish being there for the tourney, plus, the little lady telling me...Let it Go, This bass will always haunt me inregards to being my PB without noing it's true wieght. I KNOW it was a DD, but, I'm fine knowing I caught that bass & released her. The Mass state Rod & Reel record is around 13 LBS, and................who knows. Lifes little lessons every day. Carry on.

Sometimes that stuff happens. Once I caught a 6ish fish and I thought it was my pb at the time (I hadn't caught my big one), phone was dead and she flopped back in before I could scale her. But that story is awesome. You either had a crappy net or a giant, and knowing most smart fisherman, a good net is key. I have a lake thats an hour south of me and I know has a state record in, once I got thumbed so hard and fought the thing for a few second before it came off. It was probably a big flathead but I never found out. That interesting I hope your buddies believe you. Now lets please put this embarrassing post to rest once and for all