Disrupt The Pattern - The Wife Challenged Me

Kyle Davidson

I really appreciate your post. I am just getting into swimbait fishing and have yet to catch my first swimbait fish. I have only been out two times for a total of about 8 hours with no followers or bites. However, like yourself, I am mentally prepared for the grind. It's good to hear others out there are committed!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the support! Still been out there grinding, we had 45 days where it didn't dip below 100, no fun. I still got out a few times but the bite was tough, stayed away from the traditional but did throw the frog and caught a few. 

Last night was finally a bit cooler and my schedule opened up. Nothing huge, but after spending 2 hours trying to find my buddies Pizz Carp, I decided to toss the Tinky Klash along a line of sunken tree tops at dark. She slammed it right where I hoped she would, great end to the evening. 

My H and MH LDC just touched down today and I am unloading all but a few of my remaining traditional reels. Can't wait to tear it up this fall, gonna be a blast!

It was also a double whammy of awesomeness as when I got home I had an email from Andy. After four years (I had to look) we finally connected and I have two Hinkle Trouts on the way. I am a determined SOB so I was really pumped to finally get them ordered. (Neither are for sale, I grabbed one for a friend as well). Just waiting for the LDC white label XXH to come back into stock, fingers crossed I can get them to churn out a few 8'6"

post-25802-0-33361900-1503614182_thumb.jpg

I've gotten to where I can take just one rod I can trust to cast 1oz to 6oz baits (6in to 10in baits) and it limits a lot of tackle choice. With that I bring baits I need work on and one or two confidence ones. Do take the good with the bad as well.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I am a gear nerd at heart so I decided to REALLY commit... Can't thank Ben and the crew at LDC enough for making such a quality product. Great service and I absolutely love fishing these rods. Ben even noticed I was missing a rubber end cap on the XXH, pointed it out to me and had one in the mail before I could even say thank you!

post-25802-0-81555600-1506271685_thumb.jpg

post-25802-0-78658000-1506271694_thumb.jpg

For weedless I recently started fishing the Rago weedless and like it a lot!! Not throughly imprested with the battleshad...but time will tell.

I did this, full commit, right after I got hooked into big baits. Left the conventional gear at home and took one or 2 SB setups and a backpack full of baits and hit the banks!!