Boat Batteries

SacrificeFishing

I got a Renogy 200AMH battery for christmas I'm pretty excited to use. Previously had some Walmart marine batteries that had and incredibly poor life span. Last season they just weren't holding a charge, the lifespan was about halved in only two years. Definitely seems you get what you pay for when it comes to marine batteries. Lithium is expensive as hell, but for the weight savings and the longer lifespan it's well worth your dollar.

I am using (2) Duracell Deep cycles for my Ultrex and they've been great for two years. My starting battery is the X2Power AGM (and even more expensive) but has been a rockstar for my big motor, electronics and accessories (live well pumps, lights, etc). I have used Batteries Plus for many years because of their service and I can say I've had great experiences with them. 

The most important thing is whether or not you'll be running a bunch of equipment, or if it's a basic setup with a trolling motor/graph. Looks like that's what you are doing, so you should be fine with (1) good battery. 

Edited by Rice509
Added detail

Cabelas dual purpose 27 AGM  is low money, and a good value. Go with a 30 if you have the space.

PS. Haven't felt the need to go to Lithium, and understand you need a new charger just for that.  I run 2 Cabelas 27s on the bow for my 80lb terrova in my bboat and I use the old ones for my jon. I have yet to drain em after a full day torney.  They don't die just gradually lose power after a couple years of use. 

Edited by bigpoppabass

It’s all about amp hours. The graph really doesn’t draw much battery. If you wanna stick with lead acid, get at least a 27 series. Those are usually around 100-110 amp hours. A 29 series should run that TM and graph all day long. I also run a vmaxx tanks for my yak TM which is only a 30lb but I can run a 12 hour day and still have life and that’s only a 60AH.  Those are an AGM batter and were running $280 when I got mine. 

Ever start 29dc in the crawdad with a 55lb bow mount and 55lb transom mount (only running one motor at a time) and hook 2 reveal 7” I can run all day and still get home and on the charger will be 30-40% 

only had it die one time at the end of king session and that was mainly caused by a bunch of mono getting wrapped in the prop I must have picked up somewhere 

been running that set up for like 4 seasons now 

get the biggest battery you can fit is my suggestion 

for the new tracker grizzly this year I went with 3 Duracell 29s from batteries plus (2 for the 24v TM) and one for the Bilge, lights, and fishfinder 

On 2/20/2022 at 8:51 AM, fish4bas said:

I really good battery is the Duracell AGM battery that Sams Club carries. It is made by Deka Industries. Best battery for the money. 

I run 3 Duracell AGM 31's in my 1448 jon. Two on the Terrova 80 and one for the Solix 15 and nav lights.  They're almost 4 years in and still flawless. 

Screenshot_20220223-055118_Gallery.jpg

I have run the Duracells for about 8 years, but they needed to be replaced every two years; what a pain in the ass. Made the jump to Lithium's. Running Ionics now for the last two years and love them. Blue tooth and the app let you know the state of charge, boat is a lot lighter in the ass end so can draft a little shallower water which can make a difference on some of the rivers I fish.

Edited by wtrwsel