Butch Brown Tune Q’s?

t_huff99

Tried the search and didn’t come up with much. What’s the price? What are the options and what do they do? How do you reach him? I watched the TW videos so I understand what it is generally speaking. Anything helps thanks guys!

I reached out to him through Facebook a while back. I sent him my bait and 20 dollars and he shipped it back pretty quickly.

It came with a hybrid tune, not sure what it entails, maybe what he showed in the video, but I could feel and see a difference right away compared to stock. 

He also changed the hooks and replaced the eyes on the bait for me, plus sent an extra set of eyes. 

4 hours ago, _diggy_ said:

I reached out to him through Facebook a while back. I sent him my bait and 20 dollars and he shipped it back pretty quickly.

It came with a hybrid tune, not sure what it entails, maybe what he showed in the video, but I could feel and see a difference right away compared to stock. 

He also changed the hooks and replaced the eyes on the bait for me, plus sent an extra set of eyes. 

What could you see that was different while swimming?

31 minutes ago, SVT THUNDER said:

What could you see that was different while swimming?

It had a much wider glide, didn't rise up like it did in stock form and you can feel the feedback through the rod right away, it was much more pronounced.

My bait was okay out of the box (stock), but it would rise up. One day it stuck to the left (stock), then I contacted Mr. Brown to get it tuned.

When getting it back, if you look at the bait itself, you can see the joint had been altered. It has a bigger gap than stock with the adjustments made, you can visually see the bait was tuned.

Edited by _diggy_

Here are some pics of one of my BB tuned 250s.
Joint altered to give a wider range of motion, ROF changed, Foam in the front side of the bait, hooks replaced, noise knocker taken out. 

Butch can tune the bait to do whatever you want. A “hybrid tune” is the most common tune of his because you can fish it shallow and deep. If you want a floating, suspending, slow sink, or fast sink, he can also tune the bait to do those too. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by DrewManFishing