Not a skunk if you get bit right........

DerSchnitter60

Working night shift 5-6 days a week so my fishing is limited. Had a nice warming trend this past week so I decided to take 2hrs personal time and hit the lake early. Super foggy so I hit a spawning pocket not far from the launch. Marked several groups of shad in the channel going in. Dropped the trolling motor and started bomb casting the TK and cranking down. Didn't take long and it got crushed about 15 yds from the boat. To my surprise up comes a channel cat at the side of the boat. Pushed on trying different areas with no luck. Decided to hit one last area before loading up. Was slow rolling a 5" Bacca around docks in about 8' of water when I got thumped. Yet another channel cat. Alot better feeling than going home empty handed so I'll take it.20220224_070237.thumb.jpg.774ee18dd3eb821833d1274ca0b99311.jpg

20220224_101023.jpg

35 minutes ago, rwp said:

I'll handle those catfish right into the frying pan.

Got more than enough to go around here in SC! Biggest to date. Bottomed out a 60lb scale so never got a clear weight check. That's a 120qt Igloo Xtreme for reference. 

Screenshot_20220301-114241_Facebook.jpg

1 minute ago, DerSchnitter60 said:

Got more than enough to go around here in SC! Biggest to date. Bottomed out a 60lb scale so never got a clear weight check. That's a 120qt Igloo Xtreme for reference. 

Screenshot_20220301-114241_Facebook.jpg

Wow, they get big here too, but most of the ones we keep are under 5lbs. How do the big ones taste?

6 hours ago, rwp said:

Wow, they get big here too, but most of the ones we keep are under 5lbs. How do the big ones taste?

We generally try to keep 20lbers or less for personal use. My father in law takes those big blues though and makes what he calls poor man's lobster. It's pretty good. Honestly I could mix it all up and it would be hard to tell which meat came from the bigger fish. We cut out all red meat, lateral line, and any fat/silver skin.