1st Toothy Critter of the year

Mnbassbuster002

LDC XXH. 10" FS trout floater. Calcutta TE 400. Suffix 80lb Braid.

Got it last night about 7p.m. figured i better go out being we are going to get pounded with rain and storms tonight. One of my buddies and his fiance wanted to go muskie fishing(never been before) so we went to this lake that i have not been doing good on for ski's the last few years, but i just had that funny feeling inside that we would get one or at least see a few. We fished for about 2 hrs with nothing but 2 little ones following(right around 30 inches), after the 1st 2 hrs of fishing what is usually the best shoreline in the lake we moved over to this underwater point i always fish that has a hump off the end of it. The hump is about 40 yards from the end of the point and it tops off at about 12 feet. Absolutely perfect spot with rocks and scattered cabbage on it. On the second cast i had a small one follow up to the boat followed the figure 8 around a few times then dissappeared into the darkness, prob 6 or 7 casts later i saw it coming from about 20 feet away right up under the fs trout, gave it a couple twitches and the thing was right on it snapping at the tail of the bait, the fish followed it to the boat and i made it halfway through the 1st figure 8 and gave it a little tug and WHAM, the fight was on with me scrambling to loosen my drag so the fish didn't pull the hooks or me into the water. with a fairly short fight and a halfway decent net man the fish was in the cradle and on the front deck. A few pics and some slimy carpet the fish was back in the water and swimming around to be caught again. We ended up seeing about 10 different fish. I had another one that was 45-47 inch range maybe bigger that i kinda got trigger happy on that was snapping at the tail like the one i caught was and i missed it. overall a successful 4 hrs out on the lake and another person possibly hooked on the toothy critters.

d722ca99-2b00-48d3-957c-2ef78ff97a6a.jpg

It was 44 length 18 girth, but it was 18 girth pretty much all the way from the back of the head to the pelvic fins. Im guessing it was 25-30 lbs being it was a thick fish. length girth measurements came out to 25lbs.

Thanks for looking

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...