Magdraft swim issues

Efrain

42 minutes ago, Morgan Y said:

I've never seen an issue with tying direct to magdrafts although I was fishing the 10 inch model.

i have had all the sizes, always had trouble with tying direct. in his magdraft videos,Oliver Ngy is constantly saying that the mag draft should be fished with a snap to get the best head wag and body roll.  If no snap  works for you then proceed, but i would recommend experimenting with snaps, as it can make the bait fish better and counter act instability. 

1 hour ago, CG_Fishes said:

Or a non-slip loop knot

Tying a non slip loop knot has always seemed sketchy to me because it puts a kink in the line more so than a traditional knot, and isn't as strong as a traditional knot would be attached to a snap which would serve the same purpose. I might be mistaken, but from everything I know a traditional knot with a snap will be stronger. If you could explain it I'd be glad to hear.

1 minute ago, Morgan Y said:

Tying a non slip loop knot has always seemed sketchy to me because it puts a kink in the line more so than a traditional knot, and isn't as strong as a traditional knot would be attached to a snap which would serve the same purpose. I might be mistaken, but from everything I know a traditional knot with a snap will be stronger. If you could explain it I'd be glad to hear.

I have never broken a non-slip loop. I have bent a snap, rated at 94lbs. In my eyes, the less hardware the better and more natural the action will be

Just now, CG_Fishes said:

I have never broken a non-slip loop. I have bent a snap, rated at 94lbs. In my eyes, the less hardware the better and more natural the action will be

I could definitely see why that would be reasonable. I bet that it's a very sensitive knot to tie, as in it's hit or miss because of the way that it cinches.

Thanks for all the replies. I could not find this thread and thought I had been ousted from the system. 

I have tried it with a snap, clip, and direct line tie and all retrieves except a slow crawl. I wanted so bad to lime this lure and thought it would do as well as the 8. Oh well, will keep trying it and may add a nail wait. I have been hit on poorly rigged paddle tails so I do believe that we mind more than bass do if the lure is swimming wrong.