tylures

Danny C.

I'll second three things: 1) The assortment is big and can be confusing (on the other hand, lots of options) 2) I have had a few inconsistencies. 3) a few were ordered for me as gifts. I received them 1.5-2mo after they were ordered.

EZ-Shad -- Small lipped slow sink bait (mine has a lip which used to be shown on the site, I see the ones on the site now don't show any lips). Unique action and fun to grind on rocks shallow or fish a little faster a little deeper than most other slow sinks. For a small bait it also "pulls" a lot of water due to the lip. It has gotten bit pretty well. Within a few weeks clear coat started to "orange peel" on me. Before long all the clear peeled off, but bottom coat has remained and as the color is mostly white I'll keep fishing as is. It is the only bait I received that has the paint issue, but it still swims and gets bites. Also, the split ring got straightened out by a good striper, so that needs replaced with a heavier ring if you have stripers. I like this bait because its grind-ablity and heavy pull are unique in a small bait.

EZ trout in smallmouth -- floating. Action looks really nice. I haven't really thrown it enough yet to determine if it gets bit or not.

Boil buzzer and buzz bommer JR -- These have been OK and I've used them to catch some schooling stripers. Bass didn't school on the surface like normal this spring, so didn't try it with them yet.

8" kicker trout??? -- I think it is a kicker, not sure cause somebody else ordered for me. The front hook is on the first section (like kicker), but it has 4 sections (like "EZ"), no lip (like kicker) and no hook slot. The invoice said 2 slow sink, but one was slow and other was floating. Both only came with front hook. Slow sink had more body roll than I like until i put the back hook on (which I would use anyways). Then it swims OK. Again, don't really have any time on it yet.

"Floater" has clear plastic over the hole in the joint of front section of bait, where the sinking had a weight there. I think maybe they forgot to weight this one after painting? It has WAAY to much body roll for me even with both hooks, so I think it was a mistake. Anyways, I didn't contact them because I want to try to experiment with it to get a super slow sink.

So, one bait with a clear coat issue, and one with a possible forgotten weighting issue. Maybe a symptom of their trying to catch up with demand. EZ shad and the buzz style baits are the only ones I've put significant time on and they've been pretty good for what they are.

That thing looks pretty awesome, way better than the pictures on the site.

Yeah it sure does, thats the color I got too. He finally emailed me back the other day saying it would ship out the end of this week so hopefully I get it soon

• 3 months later...