Okuma Citrix 364 Review

monkeyonthemoon

I am fairly new to the swimbait game, and wanted a reel that I could use for anything from halibut and lingcod to glidebaits for stripers and largemouth. I bought this reel after I heard a few good things about it. I gotta say this thing is pretty great. 

I have used this reel a lot for lingcod, striper and largemouth. Used it for big swimbaits for lingcod with up to 8oz jig heads, up to 6oz glides for largemouth and stripers as well. The drag on this reel is really smooth, feels great to fight big fish with and I trust it a lot. with 25lbs of drag I can pretty much lock it down to stop big lings heading into the rocks or back it off a bit for big stripers in the delta. The drag is not finicky, meaning that you can fine tune it really well. The levelwind moves back and forth while free spooling so the line comes off the spool well. Casts bigger baits well and the free spool is perfect for them. Gets a 9/10 for me for drag, and 8/10 for casting. I guess I should say that this is my first reel that costs more than $100 so my baseline is not high. Overall for the price, I can say this is a fantastic option for anyone looking a budget 300 size reel.