Battle Shad review

emjay

Purchased this bait from all the reviews. As a long time swimbaiter from over 10 years swimbait fishing. Yes, I've been in the game for a long time...let just say from when baby wakes use to cost around 42 dollars, which most of ya wouldn't even know. Getting to the point. For around $70, this bait is not really worth it. Dont get me wrong, I've caught fish from 2-5lbs with this bait. But body rips fairly easily and has bad hook up ratio even with 6/0 and 8/0 hooks. My 4.2 and 4.8 keitechs catch the same size fish for 1/10 the price. Not hating, just stating facts for new swimbaiters to not waste your money. It's all hype.

20220521_213639.jpg

20220521_213628.jpg

It’s a good bait but way overpriced. Also the hook harness placement makes them very prone to wedging into rocks when fished deep uphill. I’ve lost four of them this way. I find the citizen is both a better buy and much less snag prone in rocks. I just wish they came in a  9” .

15 hours ago, emjay said:

Purchased this bait from all the reviews. As a long time swimbaiter from over 10 years swimbait fishing. Yes, I've been in the game for a long time...let just say from when baby wakes use to cost around 42 dollars, which most of ya wouldn't even know. Getting to the point. For around $70, this bait is not really worth it. Dont get me wrong, I've caught fish from 2-5lbs with this bait. But body rips fairly easily and has bad hook up ratio even with 6/0 and 8/0 hooks. My 4.2 and 4.8 keitechs catch the same size fish for 1/10 the price. Not hating, just stating facts for new swimbaiters to not waste your money. It's all hype.

20220521_213639.jpg

20220521_213628.jpg

i see no teeth marks it looks like you closed the tail in your box lol 

• 2 weeks later...