Taddo Eon Glide

jkarol24

Swimbait Review: Taddo Designs Eon Glide

The Eon Glide by Taddo Designs is a small 2 pc Glide bait, featuring smooth sides, a soft tail, and solid hardware as stock. The bait is 7" in length, and 2.5 ounces of resin. Let's see how it swims! 

One tip before we begin: This bait is essentially a suspend. Actually, at first cast, it barely floats. However, leave it in the water for a few minutes and it will begin to xxs sink. Let it acclimate, and you will find that the bait fishes more predictably. Anyways.... 

On our standard straight retrieve, a wide and fluid swim is apparent, staying just under the surface of the water. The swim is halfway between a hard and choppy swim, and the more lazy slalom action. You can feel the bait thump back to the rod as the head turns from one side to the other, and otherwise maintains a level and stable swim. 

Next, I burned the bait (really burned, fishing this one on an 8:1 ratio reel), and found no issues. The bait maintained stability and depth, the thump was increased, and I did not notice any body or axis roll. A hard pause also caused the bait to shoot out to one side. 

I then crawled the bait, and due to the sink rate, the Eon swims right at the surface and creates a sort of waking presentation. Often, a glide at the surface will want to roll over on its side, but I did not notice this, and the bait maintained an easy back and forth swim. 

Now for the fun part. I started with long and easy reel bumps, think half turns of the handle, and allowed the bait to wide glide. The Eon will glide twice its body length without much effort, and is smooth on the transitions. Again, the bait stays near the surface, but i did not have any issues with nosing up etc. Body roll is minimal, and the bait straightens out quickly after turning. 

I also expiramented with some fast and choppy inputs, both with reel and rod. The reel chops produced a hard cutting, fast action swim, maintaining stability and depth, while being relatively easy to control. You certainly lose a bit of length on the glides, but make up for it with speed and flash. The rod tip bumps create an even more narrow swim, as the bait basically turns on itself in a fast but consistent manner. I did notice a slight amount of axis roll if I really got crazy with the inputs, but it was not a major issue. 

I chose to film this video while using my go-to finesse swimbait setup, which is actually a conventional rod and reel. This setup is comprised of a Dobyns 734, paired with a Metanium HG spooled with 15 lb fluro. I did throw the bait on more standard swimbait gear, but found the bait had better action and was more controllable with the lighter line and setup. Fluro definitely also helped keep the bait down, as the sink rate is ultra slow. I'd probably hesitate to use braid or mono for this reason, but did throw it on Copoly and had no issues. 

Have yourself a great rest of the weekend, and I will get another video up soon. Thanks as always for the support. 

• 3 weeks later...