Dark sleeper gill

WhippinFish

By now most of you have heard and/or seen the new dark sleeper gill from Megabass. Now I know it’s not the big baits and if it’s not big then most look at it as a joke. But this little swimbait is killer

The design is simple and sleek. The available in color options in great to. 

Don’t get this lure mixed up with the dark sleeper as that’s more of a swimjig/bottom contact bait. This sleeper gill will shine at a straight retrieve thru grassy areas or maybe areas that might be over pressure. 

I’ve notice that this bait gets me more strikes at a burn than a steady retrieve, due to its size. I’ve caught a few on a slow retrieve but something about a burn gets the fish going. 

now with it being a great little swimbait at a really affordable price point, it does have some flaws that I would like to see fixed. 

it is very durable and will last you a numerous amount of fish. Even like, musky and gar (no kidding. I somehow managed to wind in a few. They chomp it)

The few things I have notice with this bait is the top fin to protect the hook doesn’t like to keep the hook covered at a hard cast or when you’re going thru grass and twitching your rod to get that grass off. The fin is very flimsy, which isn’t a bag thing. But when the hook is exposed to the side I do tend to notice the bait likes to swim a little off. If the fin was a little bit of a bigger profile this issue might be resolve. 

but that’s just my short view on this bait. What are your opinions on the sleeper gill? Like it? Don’t like it? Why and why not? Your pros and cons? Your experience. I’m curious to hear what you think. Thanks 

Great review.

I throw the Gill and the sleepers in our little ponds when it is 110+ degrees outside.

To add to your review the sleeper gets bit and is a more consistent bait even though they are opposite style baits.

Dark Sleeper on the bottom jig style/Gill meant to be swam.

I have sleepers with 30+ fish on them while the Gill has only lasted 5ish fish and doesn't touch as many sharp edges/bumps under water. The hook rips out the front of the bait alot earlier than a dark sleeper.

The dark sleeper seems to cast a little better maybe from having a little bit thinner profile.

Not hating on the bait they do catch fish, but not worth the hype they had for sure! For $10 I will buy the bigger dark sleeper over the Gill I think from now on.