Daughter and the 250

honestabe101

She says..."Thank you very much gentlemen..and wondered why there are no female big baiters". I actually have two daughters that love to fish..a 16 and 18 year old. Told her no idea. I know most of you guys are kids but c'mon there has to be a few with wives, daughters, or girlfriends. It does get expensive...imagine buying three of what you already have, yikes.

And yes it's down 10-15 feet maybe..the spots are showing themselves! Time to break out the GPS.

you've got a reality that is just a dream for most of us! no kids on my end but i've gotta say if i ever have daughters and they want to fish i'll be stoked... if they want to swimbait fish i'll be even more stoked! Congrats to you for having two cool daughters and to them for catching huge bass!

She says..."Thank you very much gentlemen..and wondered why there are no female big baiters". I actually have two daughters that love to fish..a 16 and 18 year old. Told her no idea. I know most of you guys are kids but c'mon there has to be a few with wives, daughters, or girlfriends. It does get expensive...imagine buying three of what you already have, yikes.

And yes it's down 10-15 feet maybe..the spots are showing themselves! Time to break out the GPS.

I wish there were more females that enjoyed fishing. When I say enjoy, I mean actually ENJOY it. I dated girls in college and more recently who would claim to enjoy fishing initially but didn't realize how much I liked it. We'd go and within a couple hours they were complaining.

If I ever have daughters I hope they are as cool

Definitely time to break out the GPS - and video camera to record the best angles and paths for killer retrieves later on.

Im not quite a kid anymore and I've got a 7-year old daughter who thinks that fishing with the "Super Slammer" (aka my seasoned 9" MSS), the "Ginormous Rat" (aka the Slammer Eel, sometimes the Baby Possum), and the "Gooshy Lure" (a Mattlures Jitterfish) is a blast. She can't cast the big rod yet, but she's very good at telling me where to cast and then taking over. The first time she stopped reeling the Slammer in halfway back to shore and I asked her what was wrong. She looks at me, smiles, and says deadpan..."I"m deadsticking it!" I just about fell over - I guess she's been absorbing fishing tactics from the various swimbait DVDs I've been watching!

Congratulate your daughters again and keep feeding their passion...do they have their own swimbait rods yet?

Im not quite a kid anymore and I've got a 7-year old daughter who thinks that fishing with the "Super Slammer" (aka my seasoned 9" MSS), the "Ginormous Rat" (aka the Slammer Eel, sometimes the Baby Possum), and the "Gooshy Lure" (a Mattlures Jitterfish) is a blast. She can't cast the big rod yet, but she's very good at telling me where to cast and then taking over. The first time she stopped reeling the Slammer in halfway back to shore and I asked her what was wrong. She looks at me, smiles, and says deadpan..."I"m deadsticking it!" I just about fell over - I guess she's been absorbing fishing tactics from the various swimbait DVDs I've been watching!

Congratulate your daughters again and keep feeding their passion...do they have their own swimbait rods yet?

That's great! Keep her interested and she will be your fishing partner for life. Better than one of your buddies drop shotting in the back of the boat any day.

I'm working on the gear..have three big bait set ups. Working on reels for the med and small set ups...and of course they want TE's or JDM millionaires. God knows I have enough baits!

There is nothing better than seeing them get bit, swingin on a good fish, and them looking over at you with a big ole smile and saying "Dad, help me!". Of course I say nope..bounce it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...