2 UFO, 1 Sneaky Rat, 1 c2miss

SumoNinja

Idk about anyone else but this years been rough for the big baits. Needed this kind of session, as short as it was. 3 hrs, 3 fish, 1 c2miss (fish missed the bait actually)

I got one of the ufo c2c but the video is a little too dark, not post worthy. Do u guys use an app to adjust the darkness so u can see the video better? Just curious 

20220721_202832.jpg

20220721_204830.jpg

20220721_213024.jpg

Edited by SumoNinja

5 hours ago, BassYakin said:

Nice catches! How big do you guess they were? Was that dark ones from fishing early morning or late at night? Just curious, I fish sunrise a lot but I haven’t tried fishing before sunrise much and curious how productive it is. 

This is a late afternoon session. Had about an hour and half before it got dark, then about another hour and half before the lake closed. If they opened sooner I'd love to go out there but they open at 6 so there's already plenty of light out. But the bite turned on just as it got dark 

1 hour ago, Jerkbait22 said:

What size gomexus do you have on the conquest dc? I just got a 200DC and thinking about putting an after market handle on it.

I have 2 of the dc reels. One has a 100 handle and other is 110. Due to availability I couldn't get two 110 handles at the time. But the tranx u see in the pic is a tranx 401 and it has a 100 handle. I normally don't use this setup for smaller baits but my other dc setup needs a respool that I haven't done yet so I just made due with it. 

I usually don't upgrade handles but the handle on the tranx I won a giveaway and the dc reels come with tiny handles as u know, that's why I upgraded those. They're awesome and worth the money. But if stock came longer I wouldn't have upgraded 

And honestly when I switch between the 2 setups with the 100 and 110 handles I seriously don't notice a difference. They feel the same. Or the difference is so little that I don't notice 

Edited by SumoNinja

9 hours ago, Tony91723 said:

Nice, surprisingly not windy.  This year has been tough for me as well.  I just caught a 4 lber, its probably my second fish this yr.  

This time last year I had over twice as many catches. Really strange how this year turned out. 

And yes, it was surprisingly calm. It's usually blowing a bit around that time of day 

5 hours ago, BassYakin said:

Nice catches! How big do you guess they were? Was that dark ones from fishing early morning or late at night? Just curious, I fish sunrise a lot but I haven’t tried fishing before sunrise much and curious how productive it is. 

Oh btw, I didn't weigh them. I'd guess the 2 smaller ones were 3 and the one on the rat was 5 or 6. The fish gotta earn the scale for me personally lol. If they don't look like an 8 or above they don't see the scale 

38 minutes ago, SumoNinja said:

Oh btw, I didn't weigh them. I'd guess the 2 smaller ones were 3 and the one on the rat was 5 or 6. The fish gotta earn the scale for me personally lol. If they don't look like an 8 or above they don't see the scale 

You’re making those fish work hard then…lol!

You must be catching some quality fish! My PB is 7 (private lake) and anything over 3-0 has me excited for the public areas I can fish regularly.

9 minutes ago, BassYakin said:

You’re making those fish work hard then…lol!

You must be catching some quality fish! My PB is 7 (private lake) and anything over 3-0 has me excited for the public areas I can fish regularly.

"Big" is relative to geography but even for where I'm at, an 8 or above isn't easy to get when you're on shore. I just really need to get my first dd then I can relax on it, I think