Win one, lose two.

flaswimbaiter

I hate losing big fish. At my first stop I hooked a snook big enough to eat my 6" weedless 68 and still scuff up 8" of my leader. At that moment I though about switching to 40lbs leader, but like an idiot I didn't. At the next lake I got hit hard, when I set the hook my line went slack, when I looked back I saw the biggest snook I have hooked in years bust the surface to shake the bait. All I could do is stand there heart broken with my mouth hanging open.

I wantI did catch a 26" snook on my cranking baby wake.

post-91-14252989378692_thumb.jpg

Ouch! I hate it when fish point out the errors of our ways!

At that moment I though about switching to 40lbs leader, but like an idiot I didn't.

As far as this goes, you're in good company. I bet there's not an angler on this board who can't say the same thing...just fill in the blanks below:

"At that moment I thought about _____________________, but like an __________ I didn't. A little later, __________________ happened, and all I could do was ___________!"

At that moment I though about switching to 40lbs leader, but like an idiot I didn't.

As far as this goes, you're in good company. I bet there's not an angler on this board who can't say the same thing...just fill in the blanks below:

"At that moment I thought about _____________________, but like an __________ I didn't. A little later, __________________ happened, and all I could do was ___________!"

This fill-in-the-blank phrase has applied to me in the past, that is for sure!

I have said this exact phrase before, just insert the F word, all caps, in every blank! :lol:

Dave man your killing it with the multispecies! Snook season is finally open in about two weeks! Do you think big topwater or hudds would be better to target them? I've caught them on top a bunch but never with a hudd although I see you have. Do you get alot of hits with the hudd? I'm located about 90 minutes south of you.