New to Crawlers

Quinnadamss

47 minutes ago, buzzed bait said:

The one piece monster crawler has done me very well, just gotta swap those stock hooks and rings the moment you get it…. In stock in the SU store. 

https://shop.swimbaitunderground.com/pages/swimbait-underground-x-kurouto

I was checking them out, need a lot of tuning to crawl perfect?

5 hours ago, captainhookset said:

raid dekka dodge and raid dodge. 

Fish them slow. They absolutely slay in the AM for smallies.

How does the Deka Dodge cast?  I like the Monster because it casts a mile and I'm on the bank.

39 minutes ago, Quinnadamss said:

I was checking them out, need a lot of tuning to crawl perfect?

zero tuning needed on any that i've had out of the package.  but they'll all need to be tuned at some point once you catch on them and make some dumb casts like i'm quite capable of!

2 hours ago, buzzed bait said:

zero tuning needed on any that i've had out of the package.  but they'll all need to be tuned at some point once you catch on them and make some dumb casts like i'm quite capable of!

I will second this.  Once you catch a bunch of fish on them they will need a little tweaking.  It's pretty easy to get them working right again though.

Monka is the best casting and walking crawler out there, but the most finicky and needs the most tuning, like sometimes it’s untunable 

the one piece kurouto is amazing , needs no tuning after multiple fish 

Just now, Quinnadamss said:

Im convinced on a trying a kurouto monster, any colour suggestions from the smallmouth guys?

I keep it simple.  Use black at night and white early AM.  Smallies come absolutely unglued for this bait man.  It's violent.  I think JDM Fishing is getting some Monsters in soon.  He has good colors.

i fish my crawlers, slow with a good amount of pauses (how long of a pause, depends on the fish structure) but most are about long enough to stop to kill a mosquito buzzing around 

also fish that bait all the way back to the boat, so many hits boatside 

so the most epic hits ever on crawlers 

i prefer one piece crawlers, only two piece ive fished an liked is the gan craft which took my PB smallie last season (Flashing GM Chartreuse) 

the gancraft is on sale at TW right now as well