Garmin Striker 4 questions

ZachThomas

• 1 month later...

I have become a garmin fanboy in recent years. IMO you cant really go wrong with the Garmin Striker 4. I have the 7” version and its mostly great. Fish and structure are pretty crisp on screen and a lot of customization options.

The only con I noticed was that my unit gives me a false bottom which is up almost a foot or two above the actual lake bottom (not sure why).  I know these things can start costing a buncha money but IMO it is 100% worth spending the extra money to get a bigger screened unit 

Be careful with the Garmins, there's a handful of versions for each model.

If you want mapping (like installed maps) there's no striker with that option, you have to buy the echomap 4.

43 has freshwater maps, 44 is saltwater and great lakes. There's other options to, so pay attention, one model has no maps installed, one is for Canada.

The "plus" versions have the gt20 transducer (down scan, or clearvu as Garmin calls it).

Whatever you get, striker or echomap, I'd highly recommend the gt20 transducer. Striker vivid is the model without mapping.

The GPS store . Com has the best prices. They are in NC and ship fast without issues.