New Boat Build-Tracker Grizzly 1648

chefchris

7 hours ago, johnwest80 said:

@chefchris hey there!  i know this is an old post, but just got a 1648 jon myself.  i've been trying to how to run wires from front to back, when i came across your post here.  you say "super well built it only has a 1.5" square tube running front to back to run wires,".  what is this 1.5" square tube you're speaking of?  where is it?  is it something official with the grizzly for running wires?  i ask because i've seen a couple posts/videos where people have fished wires through the bottom of the boat, but that's below the bilge line.  what you're referencing sounds like it'd be above the bilge line, which i'd much prefer. 

anyway, if you wouldn't mind sharing what you know about it, i'd really appreciate it!  thx!

No problem 

if you look in the back of the boat near the drain plug you’ll see a piece of square tubing it runs along the very bottom of the boat. It runs up into the front. I used one of those Home Depot metal wire snake things and it worked great. 

id run all my wires at once, I ran extra power and ground wires for future installs cause it’s a tight fit. 

the whole rest of the boat is sealed with foam so running wires down that center channel is your only option unless you want to remove the floor, cut out foam, lay pipe and run wires 

if you have any questions please reach out and I’ll guide you in any way I can

-Chef 

3 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

You put alot of thought into it and it shows. Those things are bullet proof. 

Thanks Man, I’m loving it, great boat for around here, wish I went bigger on the motor to like a 17 or 25hp but it does 7-8mph which is like 4x faster than what I did in my crawdad being electric only. 

I’ll probably go to lithiums next season and drop like 100lbs of battery weight from what I’ve seen. 

besides that it’s great, a little tight when both boys want to fish at the same time (luckily they don’t like going with each other so it works out, plus I get more time on the water) 

some pics from last weeks spring school vacation. 

IMG_3433.jpeg

IMG_3408.png

IMG_3397.jpeg

IMG_3390.jpeg

Thx for the reply.  So the square tubing... is this above the bilge line?  Can wires get submerged in it?  Is this officially recommended by tracker to use for wiring?  

Sorry for all the questions... will prob use it anyway, but the answers to those questions will help my comfort level immensely :).

Thx.

Oh, and btw, wish i had a lake where i could hook those monster crappies and perch... looks like a great time with your boys, that's awesome!  still working to get my 7yo interesting in doing more than netting the fish!

20 hours ago, johnwest80 said:

Thx for the reply.  So the square tubing... is this above the bilge line?  Can wires get submerged in it?  Is this officially recommended by tracker to use for wiring?  

Sorry for all the questions... will prob use it anyway, but the answers to those questions will help my comfort level immensely :).

Thx.

It’s below the bilge line, literally runs along the lowest point of the boat. It’s what’s recommended by tracker and the reason it’s there. All your wires should be sealed/coated and water doesn’t sit in there, I always leave the drain plug at home and the boat with a good angle just in case any rain water makes it in under the cover. I’ll see if I can the videos I used and post em for you.